Ah, the humble cupcake, how do we love thee? Let us count the ways. So tasty, so versatile, so very darned cute. The world would be a much worse place if the cupcake didn’t exist (imagine the horror!), so here’s an absolutely fabulous recipe for vanilla surprise cupcakes to keep your supplies well stocked. It’s easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy and you’ll find yourself making it time and time again, so what are you waiting for? Get yourself in that kitchen and bake, bake, bake!
For the icing:
- Cream together 110g of caster sugar and 110g of butter (softened and at room temperature)
- Add the eggs gradually and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Stir in 110g of self-raising flour
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk, until the mixture reaches a dropping consistency
- Dollop it into 12 muffin cases and cook at 180C for 13-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean
- For the surprise, take a knife and hollow out a bit from the middle of the cakes and fill with chocolate spread.
- Mix 100g of butter with 300g of soft cheese
- Add 100g of icing sugar
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pipe it over your cupcakes, add some chocolate sprinkles and bask in your ultimate domestic goddess-ness.
- Coffee Cupcakes (lifesafunnything.wordpress.com)
- Organic Valentine’s Day Cupcakes From the Tone It Up Girls (fitsugar.com)
- Sunday baking – jam doughnut muffins! (flamingodancer.wordpress.com)
- S’mores Cupcakes (tinicakes.wordpress.com)