Felt pinwheel necklaces for the win!
Here’s the how-to, if you can’t wait to get your make on!
How to: Make a pinwheel statement necklace
– Felt in a variety of colours
– 5 buttons
– Needle and thread/sewing machine
– Make your pinwheels by cutting squares of various sizes out of your felt and sewing them together
– Then cut each corner about halfway down and fold into the middle, sewing with a few stitches so they’re secure
– Sew a button of your choosing in the middle
– Once you’ve made as many as you think look good, sew them together in a pattern you like
If you need a bit more of a pinwheel pointer then check out this how-to I made a while ago. Sure, it won’t let you down.
– Cut two little rectangles of felt and fold in half to make a loop, then sew
– Attach them to your pinwheels and then thread a chain or some ribbon through them.
Tadaa! Ready to wear!
- 16 Patch Pinwheel Project – Checking the Layout (sewingforlife.wordpress.com)
- Bouquet Alternatives – Pinwheels (bigweddingsmallbudget.wordpress.com)
- D.I.Y 1 – Wall art – Pinwheel (36xty5.wordpress.com)