Batter up! A baseball bracelet how-to
In the immortal words of Jimmy “Tom Hanks” Dugan, “there’s no crying in baseball” but then again, he never tried to turn a baseball into a bracelet (at least, that’s what I’m assuming). Bring a tear to the eye of all the fans of America’s pastime with this easy-peasy lemon-squeezy project.
How to: Make a baseball bracelet
– Baseball (any good sports shop will have one. I happened to already have one in my possession after deciding I wanted to be on a baseball team. Turns out baseball practice is INCREDIBLY boring, sorry sports fans)
– Craft knife
– Cut around the stitches on the ball, not too close to the holes
– Peel off the ball and remove any of the sticky stuff that’s left on the back
– Cut so it’s one long piece of stitching
– Soak in a bowl of water for at least an hour
– Stretch the laces out as they dry so you end up with a straight piece
– Cut the length of bracelet you want, making sure it fits around your wrist (you could always leave it long and wear it as a necklace)
– At either end cut some of the white bits away so you have longer bits of red laces to tie together
– Fasten around your wrist and look the bomb!
Now I just need to figure out what in the Sam Hill I’m going to do with this:
Answers on a postcard please!