Happy Valentine’s Day, one and all!
Roses are red, violets are blue, I love Valentine’s Day cards, so I made some for you! Here are four cards you can craft in no time to show someone just how much you really care. Happy making!
– Print off the alphabet in a font you like
– Trace ‘I love you’ onto the front of your card and cut out using a craft knife
– Stick tissue paper on the left inside cover
– Trace ‘but not as much as cake’ onto some card, cut out and stick on the right inside cover
– Decorate the front of your card as you see fit. I made a few hearts and used 3D foam squares to make them pop a bit.
– See above for lettering technique
– Look through magazines for a picture of a lipstick kiss, then stick to the front using 3D foam squares.
– Draw 3 hearts of varying sizes on the front of the card
– Pierce lots of little holes along the outline of the hearts
– Using embroidery thread, sew vertical lines from one end of the heart to the other
– It looks cute if all 3 are different, so sew some lace to the biggest heart and sew some horizontal lines on top of the vertical ones on the smallest heart
– On the inside, stick the threads down and cover both sides with some purple paper so everything looks neat and tidy.
– Draw a heart on your card and arrange your buttons in a heart shape
– Glue them down lightly
– Using red and gold thread, sew the buttons on firmly
– Use red paper to cover the left and right inside covers so you can’t see your thread.
Charming! I know you’ve all been crafting it up right nice for Valentine’s Day – let’s hear what you’ve come up with!
- How-To: Heart Applique Valentine’s Day Tee (craftzine.com)