I heart you pancakes
What’s better than pancakes hot off the stove and drizzled in maple syrup? Heart-shaped pancakes, of course! Yum, yum, yum.
– 120g plain flour
– 2 eggs
– Pinch of salt
– 210ml milk
– 90ml water
– Red food dye
– Mix your salt and flour in a bowl and make a well
– Crack both eggs into the well and mix
– Add your water and milk gradually, stirring as you go
– Add your food dye until you get a colour you’re happy with
– Batter up! Fry both sides in a bit of butter then turn out onto a plate
– Cut out heart shapes, lay them out right nice on the plate and sit back to watch as your other half enjoys the lot.
Use liquid dye rather than gel. The colour will come up better and you won’t end up with pancakes with a weird hue. (I think mine look a little bit like uncooked bacon. Appetising!)
What are you cooking up for Valentine’s Day?
- 5 ways to say “I love you” with a Valentine breakfast (celebrategreen.net)