Do you know the low-fat muffin man?
I’m on a mission to get skinny by the summer. I don’t know how much I weigh, I just know I can’t fit into my jeans any more. Unfortunately, I love cake and can’t live without it, so have had to switch to the low-fat variety, hence this recipe for banana and blueberry muffins – still lip smack-able but better for my waistline. Hurrah!
– 300g self-raising flour
– 1tsp light muscovado sugar
– 50g porridge oats, and 1tbsp for topping
– 284ml buttermilk
– 5tbsp light olive oil
– 2 egg whites
– 150g blueberries
– Mix the flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl
– Keep back 1tbsp of sugar and add the rest, along with the 50g porridge oats
– In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, buttermilk, oil and egg whites together then add to the dry bits
– Add the blueberries, give it another quick stir and then divide between 12 muffin cases
– Sprinkle over with the remaining sugar and some more porridge oats
– Bake at 180 degrees Centigrade for 18-20 minutes
Truly scrumptious! Muchos gracias, BBC Good Food, for this wonderful little recipe.
- Moist Chiquita Banana Apple Streusel Muffins Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Blueberry-Yogurt Muffins (munchomom.com)
- Passionfruit, blueberry and yoghurt muffins (wholesomecook.wordpress.com)