Chimichanga, chimi chimi changa!
I’ve wanted to make a chimichanga ever since I saw Meet The Fockers and thought ‘oo, what a funny word that is’. Apparently, it means ‘thingamajig’, which is possibly the best name for dinner on the face of the planet. Here’s my recipe for success.
Chimichangas – yum!
– Flour tortillas
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1 tin sweetcorn
– 2 tbsp salsa
– 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp oregano
– Your choice of cheese
– Fry up your chicken, with the cumin and oregano, then add the salsa
– Warm your tortillas in a pan for a few minutes
– Add some of the mixture to each tortilla, scatter over with your favourite cheese, then fold the sides, top and bottom in, securing in place with some toothpicks
– Bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes
– Scoff! (Remember to remove the toothpicks though, they probably won’t taste nice…)
I’m always on the lookout for a new recipe or two. What do you put in your chimichangas?
- Ground Turkey & Cheese Chimichangas (daniellesnewlife.wordpress.com)
- “Check Yes For Chimi” (brandavenue.typepad.com)