Recipe time: Orange gingernuts
Oo, I love a ginger snap, me, particularly dunked in some hot chocolate while sat in front of the tellybox, all curled up on the sofa. I’ve never made this biccies before though so thought I’d give it a go, even if this particular recipe is ever so slightly Christmassy. Ho hum, the weather’s so rubbish right now it might as well be December. Here’s the recipe for y’all, anyhoo – can I get a “yum, yum”?
- 125g butter
- 350g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75g golden syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tsp grated orange rind
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C and grease two baking trays
- Sieve the salt, flour, ginger, sugar and bicarbonate of soda together
- Heat the golden syrup and butter together over a very low heat until the butter has melted
- Leave the butter and syrup to cool and then add to the dry bits
- Add the orange rind and egg and mix
- Shape the dough into evenly-sized balls
- Place on the baking trays and then stick them in the oven for 15-20 minutes
Recipe from Grandma’s best recipes.
How delicious! What should I bake next week? Send in your favourite recipes please!