Manchester’s Women’s Institute: In Pictures
Last Tuesday (May 22nd), the first meeting of the Manchester city centre branch of the Women’s Institute was held at the Baronial Hall at Chetham’s School of Music, with baking, craft, reading and exercise stalls set up to encourage people to sign up to the various sub-groups, chat to a few experts and make a lot of new friends into the bargain. Here are a few pictures revealing how the evening went.
- Jam and Jerusalem in Manchester (blackcatoriginals.wordpress.com)
- The Young Women’s Institute (heloisebeaton.wordpress.com)
- Womens¿ Institute members surge by 50,000 as ¿make do and mend¿ homemaking is boosted by the recession (dailymail.co.uk)
- The Women’s Institute (sophiedesignedit.com)
- Women’s Institute sets up branch in women’s prison (digitalspy.co.uk)