#imapiece project unveiled in Manchester
For the last few months, the Craftivist Collective has been encouraging people around the UK to make jigsaw pieces with embroidered messages of support for Save the Children’s Race Against Hunger campaign. Last night, everyone converged on the People’s History Museum in Manchester to see the unveiling of the installation – over 600 jigsaw pieces stuck on the wall, representing some 3,000 hours of sewing work. Impressive! Here are a few snaps of the evening. If you missed it, don’t worry – you can still make jigsaw pieces to give to your MP and help raise awareness of world hunger. Keep up the good work!
- #imapiece of the Week featuring Sarah Tarmaster AKA @NorthWestNosh (craftivist-collective.com)
- Craftivists stitch against hunger (newint.org)
- #imapiece (mrsmmakes.wordpress.com)
- Craftivist Collectivist – I Am A Piece Goes Live (didyoumakethat.wordpress.com)
- How are you going to show your love this Valentines day? (craftivist-collective.com)